[DML] Re: PRV Performance / 6 Speed trans

[DML] Re: PRV Performance / 6 Speed trans

The place is called Michael's Motorsports. They perform the same work
that GTO Racing/Engineering in the UK do. That means they can beef up
the trans input shaft, install a Quaife ATB, and shove in a new gear
kit that hangs the 6th forward gear right below 5th, where reverse
would normally be.

http://www.michaelsmotorsports.com/6speedconversion.htm

I have no problems with sharing what I know. I don't feel the need to
be the first to do something, just so I can try and somehow take
credit, or feel needed when people ask me questions. I just want to
go fast like everyone else. And in order for me to do that, I'd like
someone to share some knowlege with me.

I've got 2 RHB5 turbos on the way. Whether I use them on the PRV,
another engine, or just sell them off to someone who wants to build
their own Island kit, I don't know. But I do know that I'd like some
information here. If the building a *replica* Legend engine is cost
prohibitive, I'd just like to know why? And if there is a modest way
of gaining power out of the engine, I'd like to know how.

No, I don't expect to hit the high 11's on the quartermile. But I do
want to pack a punch wherever I go. If someone can answer these
questions, great. If not, that's fine, but let's not keep taunting
everyone. 10+ years from now, most of these cars will likely be off
the roads. So I'd like to enjoy the remaining time.

I need sources for forged pistons, rods, head gaskets, fuel/turbo
maps, etc., and info on what the weak spots of the PRV are. And once
and for all, how did Fred rig up Bias Control?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"