[DML] Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please

[DML] Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please

Your earlier post stated "no PCV", so I assumed it had been
disconnected. Apologies.

In the world of automobiles you can't have it all:
- Performance
- Economy
- Comfort
As one increases, the others go down. You have to strike a balance.

F Series runs much leaner than Douvrin ever intended (was not imported
until 1976). European models are much closer to original design. Of
course they are slightly less fuel efficient and produce slightly more
pollution, but that's only a problem if you commute like an American.

I have absolutely no experience with PRV Lambda systems. Neither of my
installed engines had it, nor does my B27 spare. If any of them had, I
would have removed it from the vehicle. That's my philosophy: distill
an engine to its basics (haven't you noticed that my favorite
adjectives are "simple" and "straight"). Gary/Greg has a totally
different philosophy. If your intent is to keep Lambda in place and
modify its operation, he is certainly a better source of information.

Note that 9.5:1 compression will require a richer mixture to avoid
spontaneous combustion. You'll also have to run higher octane and
quite possibly cooler spark plugs.

It sounds as if your ignition distributor has a standard Volvo advance
curve (both centrifugal counterweights active). Do not advance base
ignition time too much or you may encounter problems with
predetonation, even at 8.5:1.

Bill Robertson