From: mike.griese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mike.griese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:31 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] DOT 5 Brake questions

You are both confused.  The best fluid for Girling brake and clutch
systems, which is what your DeLorean has, is Castrol GT-LMA.
Castrol is by far the friendliest fluid for the rubber compounds that
Girling uses.  All other fluids, regardless of DOT classification will
cause seal failures within 6-12 months.  This is not limited just
to DeLoreans, the Lotus guys have the same experience.

--
Mike
-------------- Original message from "Charlesdos Mavor"