[DML] Re: Frame strip - epoxy removal sample

[DML] Re: Frame strip - epoxy removal sample

John,

Instead of having the acid stripping guy trying a sample of the
frame, why not just give him one of the trailing arms to put in
his tank.  Acid solutions react differently if they are doing
their work "in the air" or if the parts are fully submerged.
I believe this would be a better test of epoxy removal and since
the trailing arms are heavier steel, less chance for damage.

One other reason for the frame being in the tank for such a long
time was a liability issue with the stripping company.  If they
weaked the frame by using too strong of a solution, they would
have to honor their replacement policy (a very expensive error).

Whichever route you decide to travel, get it in writing so if
something is damaged in a process, you are better protected.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dmcjohn@xxxx wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> Did someone really leave his frame in an acid tank for years?!
Wow,