From: Dave [mailto:v-davidj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: February 26, 2005 10:31 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: delorean turbo question

Hmmmm....didn't cost me that much.

How much do the BAE kits usually go for?  I have seen them for about
$3k.

-Forged Pistons, rings, rods, pins $800
-Fuel system tuning (re-routing vacuum for CPR, hobbs switch, other
parts) $60
-MSD Blaster Coil2 $60

Added Equipment for Precautions:
-Remote oil filter for turbo $15
-Electric oil pump with aeroquip lines $200 (for external filter)
-Oil cooler kit w/aeroquip lines $100
-Transmission Cooler Kit w/aeroquip lines $100

Considering you do all the work yourself, and you get a BAE kit, you
could get it done, with the added precautions for about $4k and
change.

If you didn't get the BAE kit, it would probably cost you just as much
to build one yourself.  You can find good turbos with wastegates for
about ~$600 (i.e. Ebay Item# 7957433987).  Get some intake piping made
for you at a muffler shop if you don't have a tig or mig welder to do
the work youself.  Shouldn't cost you very much.  There really isn't
much to the BAE kit...if I were to make one myself, I estimate it
would probably cost me about $900 total which includes a Dynomax or
Flowmaster muffler, and all Aeroquip lines.

I suppose if you went with electronic fuel injection, which you really
don't need to do, that could cost you about $2500 to convert your car.
 That could bring you up to $6500 in parts.

Marc is correct that if you don't do the work yourself, you could
easily pay upwards of $10k or more to have it done.

FYI
Dave Jacobs

P.S.  My car (automatic) doesn't eat oil.  Running @ 10psi  =)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews