[DML] Re: High Idle

Make sure you hooked up everything you swapped out correctly. Pay
particular attemtion to the vacuum hoses around the control pressure
regulator and the spark advance. Test the cold start valve for proper
operation when cold and cranking. Use a meter on the idle switch to be
certain it works. Check the air tube under the mixture unit where it
inserts through the "O" ring for leakage. Disconnect the frequency
valve for testing. Close down the air screws. Check the rest position
of the air sensor plate. The metering plunger could be sticking in the
mixture unit and/or the mixture adjustment could be way off. Make sure
the solenoid valve on the spark advance is working. Check the decel
valves on the throttle plates to be sure they are closed.
These are just a few things to check. Any one or a combination can
cause a high idle. Most commonly it turns out to be a lot of little
vacuum leaks but since you changed so many things you can't assume any
particular place to start.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757