[DML] Houston suspension reprise

*****  Moderator's note  *****
Obviously, this kind of driving is not condoned on public
streets.  If you really have a speed jones - take it to
the track.

Mike G - Moderator of the Week
Currently in Sebring, FL driving in a Skip Barber event
at the speedway...
*****

I have no reason to stretch the truth, and will be glad to drive with any of you. Do I need a sworn affidavit from my wife?????? I-95 is a perfectly straight and flat road. "Normal" traffic in the left lane is running at 80-90mph. The other three cars were running in spurts 130mph plus according to them, I was the tortoise who kept it at 100+mph (speedometer buried so I am not sure of actual speed). They would get caught up in traffic and eventually I would catch up and they would pull away again. The Viper was not in the group returning to JAX, just going down.
All of my suspension components are new, bushings-etc. Ground effects and the new eibach suspension. I think I have the best tires available for the car (Yokohamas) . I still had a 1/4 tank of gas when arriving in JAX/ no stops.

There was actually a Toyota Corolla (with Ontario plates) that ran with us at those speeds and was still going that fast when we exited at Jacksonville.

It has been a long time since I drove this fast for that long on a public road and do not condone it however I just happened to get caught up in the moment and almost felt a need to show the newer high dollar cars that the DeLorean is respectable.

All three of the other drivers were surprised and impressed with the DeLorean's  (23 year old) ability to keep up (not sure what their expectations were)!

I'm glad I wrote the email now as the list was in a lull.

Marc it is your turn for a thread!

I'm done. Maybe track time will work out at an event?

Cecil Longwisch
#10663