[DML] Re: Not so stainless?? HELP!

First try 120#. BE SURE to go only in straight lines WITH the grain.
If 120# isn't enough you can go to 80# and then back to 120#. Finish
up with a blending pad and do an area, not just the spot to spread out
the work. You will find yourself doing the entire panel. When you
finish you will find yourself doing the next panel and so on until you
have gone around the whole car. Use masking tape on the facias, marker
lights, and rub rail to protect it from the sandpaper. Stainless Steel
is not indestuctable. It can stain and it can corrode under the right
conditions. NEVER go near it with any Chlorine containing compounds.
This alloy of S/S will dissolve in the presence of Chlorine. Chlorine
is found most commonly in bleach. Stains are most commonly caused by
hard water. Stains are usually only on the surface and sanding removes
the surface along with the stain. You can do this by hand, it just may
take a while.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757