[DML] Re: The Rare Deloreans

Like I said in the other post, DOT approves vehicle designs, not
individual cars. So ALL DMC-12 vehicles are "DOT Approved".

Now then. While your car might have an interesting history on the
assembly line, that still doesn't change the fact that it IS a
production vehicle. What happened to this vehicle before it's final
assembly is irrelivant. Since it got stamped with a VIN plate, that
means that it was just parts that were rebuilt into production
vehicle. The factory even states this by stamping the car with a
Production VIN plate AFTER serial # 500, before it left DMCL.

This is why I love DeLoreans. No build sheets, no numbers to match.
Just a VIN plate, and a whole lot less confusion. Cut and dry is nice.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vin00538" <lawrencesr@xxxx> wrote:

> 1st of all, Dot testing was only for USA sales, The didn't need dot
testing for over seas
> but, Still tested & shipped with dot approval tags anyway, I've
talked with 3 factory
> workers whom told me that while they built black bodies engineers
were assembling
> cars for testing,  Mine, 00538 was used to engineer how the parts
were to be installed
<SNIP>