[DML] Re: The Rare Deloreans

Umkay. The Department Of Transportation (DOT) does NOT test vehicles!
It is up to the manufacturer to carry out safety tests. Ie 3rd party
crash test, endurance testing, etc, with the results reported in.

Secondly, what we are discussing here is actual "pre-preduction"
status. Cars that were built before the vehicle with serial # "500"
was built. Since your car is #538, this negates any intended use by
DMC for the vehicle, because your particular car was manufactured
after production started. You own a production vehicle.

As for your car, who knows what's going on. If it's got no VIN tags,
or proper emissions labels, well, who knows what's up with it.
However, if it swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, comes from the
same underbody dies as a duck, and has the exact same equipment as a
production run duck, then it's NOT a pre-preduction duck. Err, car.

Now I'm not trying to incite anything here, but if your car does not
have any serial #'s/VIN tags, then how are you able to claim "VIN
538"? More imporantly, how are you able to register it with the local
DMV? Were the plates removed? Do you have an assigned serial # from
the state? Where did any of this information come from? Do you have
any documentation?

With this line of logic here, I could claim that my November 81 bulit
car, is a "pre-preduction, 1982 DeLorean".

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vin00538" <lawrencesr@xxxx> wrote:

> Okay Let me tell you this then, My 00538 Has not been DOT tested, I
have no Door
> plate vin, On dash only, no way to verify this car was tested for US
Sales, Also no date