[DML] Manual transmission - hard shifting when cold

[DML] Manual transmission - hard shifting when cold

Hello everyone!

I need some advice about what to do with my problem... how to fix it. I'd
like to know where to look for the problem before I start tearing things
apart. I appreciate any help in advance.
The problem is as follows: When the engine is cold and running it is
difficult to shift into 1st and very difficult to shift into 2nd. The
problem is worst when the car is moving, it's easier to shift when the car
is stationary. The problem is especially apparent when it's below freezing -
it is pretty severe now as it's pretty cold with lots of snow here in
Poland.
Once the engine warms up a bit the problem goes away and shifting is very
smooth and precise. All other gears are ok. It's very annoying not being
able to shift into 2nd. Sometimes its just impossible when the car is moving
(even if its less than walking pace). When it stops the problem goes away,
but then I need shift to 1st.
I have replaced the transmission oil not long ago, and I just checked the
level to make sure I didn't loose the oil. It's fine. And YES, I used the
correct oil for the manual transmission.
The car has 30k miles on it, but I don't know how good the previous owner
was with the manual trans.
Any help is appreciated.

Tom Niemczewski
jamesik@xxxxx