Re: [DML] Vandalized D

Beware giving too much info at a car show?

That makes no sense. At a show, you open the vehicle up completely to the
public, and as unusual as our cars are, people always want to know where all
the vital organs are because none of them are in the normal places.

The sad fact is, anyone left unattended with your vehicle for long enough will
find whatever they want to find and damage whatever they feel like. There is
no "proof" method of protecting your car. Covers, garages, alarms, and
cameras only -reduce- the chance of theft or damage.

I can't fathom taking my car to a show and telling every lookie-loo who asks a
question "sorry, can't tell you that. Please admire the car from no closer than a
3 meter distance."

Rich A.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:

>snip <<
>snip<
> I agree. My opinion though? You showed your car at a car show and
someone asked a lot of questions and was sure to make note of where all the
important stuff was.  I have heard of this happening before - crooks wandering
thru car shows pretending to be interested in the car but they are actually
casing it out....