Re: [DML] Vandalized D

In my case the fuse box was left exposed (see previous post) so that
is how they saw it.  But I think that it is very possible that my car
or another D was seen at a car show because they knew where the horns
were and how easythey are to disconnect.  However, if the Vandals
really wanted to screw up a D and ruin hard to get pieces they
wouldn't have targeted the seats as those are easy to replacement but
a showie display of their distruction...as we all know there are
other more difficult pieces to get...carpets, center console
(original vinyl) etc.  So I don't think they were experienced D
people but instead just a bunch of punk kids who perceive the D as an
expensive exotic they could trash...

But I do agree that people should not give out too much information
on their cars as to important items because it could effect other D
owners inthe future.  I know it is very tempting to show people
everything about the car at a show where people all all over your car
telling you how cool it is, but it just isn't that smart in the long
run.

Michael Q

> I agree. My opinion though? You showed your car at a car show and
someone asked a lot of questions and was sure to make note of where
all the important stuff was.  I have heard of this happening before -
crooks wandering thru car shows pretending to be interested in the
car but they are actually casing it out....