From: David Teitelbaum [mailto:jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 7:59 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)

The electrical system in the Delorean leaves a lot to be desired.
First of all there is NO fusible link. There are way too many unfused
lengths of wire. Many of the circuits operate at maximum capacity with
no reserve for age deterioration (loose connections, dirty
connections, etc). Some of the relays are underrated and have frequent
failures (the door lock module and the fan fail relay for example).
Add to this a P.O. using the wrong size fuses, wiring modifacations,
age, loose fuse holders, An aging fuel pump that draws too much
current (and the cooling fans, and the heater fan) an alternator
running near it's maximun limits and a system that is chronically
undervotage. All of this causes the current to increase which means
HEAT. The only sensible approach is to at least keep everything in
good working order. Make sure that each and every fuse is in the right
place and is the right size for it's spot. Disconect the locking
module. Remove the fan fail relay and at least use the jumper wires.
(Not the best thing but better than the relay).