[DML] Re: SonnyV? There's a bigger issue here!--Yes there is

[DML] Re: SonnyV? There's a bigger issue here!--Yes there is

I think this list is overlooking a huge issue as well.  All I ask is
that you step back and look
at the situation for a few moments.  I may be going out on a limb
here, but I feel that
many others agree with me,
but they choose not to
speak up and voice their opinions on all of this.  I'm not trying to
make enemies either.
Try go go back in
time 7 or 8
years.  Where would we
be today without DMCH?  Who would have bought the Kapac inventory?
Where would the
parts be located?  Would they be organized in the fashion that they
are today?  Would they
be as affordable and easy to order?  Would DeLorean1 have bought them
all?  Personally I
have never dealt with D1, so I can't criticize them, but I know most
of you prefer not to
purchase parts there for some reason or another.  How would you like
having to go to D1
for every part that you need?  Or would it still be like Kapac even
today, with
parts being sold merely
by weight?   I talked to some people who bought Catalytic Converters
for $35 apiece when
Kapac was closing out.  How long would the most needed parts be
around if that
were still the case?
Everyone seems to overlook the positive things that DMCH has done for
our community---how
many of you have bought something from DMCH?  I am guessing most, if
not all of you
have at some time or another.  They are the ones that have the money
to remanufacture
crucial parts that
our cars will someday need.  Sure we can
go around and buy
rebuilt
parts, those should
last for a while as long ast there are enough cores, but how can you
rant and rave about a
company who
is investing in all of
our cars and in a way keeping them alive and on the road?  New clutch
cylinders, shocks,
springs, angle drives, seat covers, trip reset shafts, headlight
switches, Stainless Steel
Illusion reprints, the list could go on for pages and pages and
pages.  Sure I know there
are other vendors, and I have supported Grady and Hervey in the past,
and I am sure I will
again before the summer is here.  But do you really think that they
would
be financially able to
take the initiative to invest in having torsion bars remade?  How
about offering an
upgraded interior?  Maybe remaking right front fenders someday?
Would they have the
capital to research and
design a Stage 1, 2, or 3
PRV?  I doubt it, but thats not meant to make you look down upon
them, or not to buy
from them.  They just aren't as big as DMCH and don't have the kind
of resources to do so.  As a matter of fact, some of their parts that
they sell are obtained
from DMCH as I understand (correct me if I am misled in that
assumption).  Items such as
window switches, angle drives, defrost switches, etc.
So for all of you urging PJ Grady and John Hervey to sue DMCH, just
think about where you
would be without each one of them today.  Now, I am well aware that
no one is perfect, but perhaps its not Stephen who placed these "meta
tags" on the website.
Does he even do web design?  I can't answer these questions.  But
before this "witch hunt"
continues, lets
give those who are being accused an opportunity to speak out.  If
they choose not to, then
you may come to your own conclusions.  Now,
when typing in "P.J.
Grady" in Yahoo, I
see no link to
DMCH's site.  I see links to Grady's website, the DML, Tamir's site,
deloreanmidatlantic, the
DeLorean Owners Association, delorean.newstrove.com,
deloreanmotorcar.com, and many
other sites.  But NO links to DMCH that I can see.  Maybe I am doing
something
incorrectly, I don't know a whole lot about these "meta tags".  Are
these other sites using
them as well?  I also agree with someone else's comment that it would
be nice to see more
posts
from all of the
vendors on this site,
because many of them have more experience than a lot of us put
together.  I appreciate
Hervey's knowledgable comments, which have helped me out many a time,
and I have the
numbers he posted speed-dialed on my cell should I need to contact
him if stranded and
in need of a cross-ref #.  We are all one big community, a family if
you will, lets try to
get along.  And lets hope this feud is over before Pheasant Run, I
don't want to be walking
around with a black eye from a fight at the show.  :)  And if so, let
it be a fight with the
Corvette people, not fellow DeLorean owners.

As usual, direct all hate mail about me or my post to me directly.
That's my opinion, I'm entitled to it, and I'm stickin' to it.
Patrick C.
1880