[DML] Re: SonnyV? There's a bigger issue here!--Yes there is

[DML] Re: SonnyV? There's a bigger issue here!--Yes there is

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "p12c16" <PRC1216@xxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>I'm not trying to
> make enemies either.
> Try go go back in
> time 7 or 8
> years.  Where would we
> be today without DMCH?  Who would have bought the Kapac inventory?
> Where would the
> parts be located?  Would they be organized in the fashion that they
> are today?  Would they
> be as affordable and easy to order?  Would DeLorean1 have bought them
> all?
<SNIP>
It sounds to me like D1 practicly does own them now. Between this
fiasco, and Steven's association with D1, and "The Jag Shop" down in
Florida, and the horror stories that have come out of there.

Parts discovery, and new parts development are good. But rather than a
few shinny wrist watches, Christmas ornaments, posters, and wine,
Headlight switches should have been a priority. But I digress. I do
admit that DMCH has infact done allot of good.

<SNIP>
> Would they have the
> capital to research and
> design a Stage 1, 2, or 3
> PRV?  I doubt it, but thats not meant to make you look down upon
> them, or not to buy
> from them.  They just aren't as big as DMCH and don't have the kind
> of resources to do so.
<SNIP>
Bah! The PRV is a dead engine anyways. It's good that DMCH is selling
upgraded engine packages, so that they can get rid of stock. Plus,
what's involved with a port/polish, adjusted timing, new ignition
system, custom exhaust, and custom ground cam isn't all that much.
It's good that they took some time to research all this, but don't
believe that there were was any actual "tooling" invovled, when most
of the fabrication has most likely been farmed out to sub vendors.
Infact, other than those camshafts, and the work of an exhaust shop, I
doubt any exhaustive research was used. But bravo to them for getting
rid of their excess stock.

Otherwise, once the heads go on my car, I'm just junking the entire
motor. Salvaging my current engine after a catastrophe is just not
worth it @ $1,200 per head, plus whatever it'd cost for cylinders and
sleeves. Engine swap please.

<SNIP>
Now, I am well aware that
> no one is perfect, but perhaps its not Stephen who placed these "meta
> tags" on the website.
> Does he even do web design?  I can't answer these questions.
<SNIP>

Totally agreed. After all, it's assumed that someone else who wrote
the page placed this information in (looks like Jill Bell, according
to their website). However, once he finds out this information, he
needs to have them remove it as soon as possible.

I know that DMCH has done allot for the marque, and that's good. And I
am happy that at lease some sort of an explanation was given. Not as
explicit as I had hoped for, but it is a start. As well, I know of the
loyalty from many owners that they created, and inspired. That is why
when all of this happened, it angered alot of people. A surmisable
amount of betrayal was felt. Myself included.

I still wonder what the purpose here was? I mean, Steven explains why
"SonnyV" was created, by why the need? After all, DMCH is literally
the most recognized vendor of DeLorean parts. Is business really that
bad down there?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"