Re: [DML] Replace fuse block with circuit breakers?

Re: [DML] Replace fuse block with circuit breakers?

Actually you can get circuit breakers that will act as fast or faster
than fuses. The main reason that they are not used in car
applications like this is that they cost quite a bit more money than
a 50-cent fuse. Manufacturers think like this - "we can build a fuse
block for $6 or use breakers for $150; what's the extra cost on a
million cars? Will the customer notice?". But now that it's your car,
it may be feasible. Just make sure you get the right kind, generic
cheap automotive breakers ARE slower than fuses and could cause
problems.

Dave S