Frame Cleaning in winter

Hello List!

I thank you for your assistance on my previous questions. #1629 has
been on the road daily, soldiering on. In the next few months, I
will be replacing the brake servo due to a slight vaccuum leak, and
plan to have an Alpine CD/radio installed. The Craig will be retired.

My question deals with Frame Cleaning. My car has had a "baptism by
fire" ... going from a stored, 900 mile machine, to a daily driver.
I have about 3025 miles on the clock at this point, and knew that
winter driving in Cleveland,Ohio would be an intense "road test". So
far, I have been please with the cars performance. The 0-degree
temperatures we've had for about 10 days have not stopped the car
from starting.

Yet, the salt has collected on the car ... and I want to get it off!

I read all of the responses to "Automatic Carwash, Bad Idea?", and
feel more comfortable taking it to a brushless autowash. But, do the
under-body spray machines sufficiently clean the frame of the car?

Of course, nothing could be better than putting the car up on a few
ramps in the driveway and thoroughly cleaning, and re-touching
the "questionable" spots on the frame. I plan to do this in the
spring.

The frame was sandblasted and undercoated this past summer, and it is
a solid, rust free unit at this time.

I would like to keep it this way. Of course, I do expect some
surface rust on my daily driving frame. Yet, are the automatic car
washes a good frame preserver for the winter, during this deep freeze?

I agree with all of you ... this is a well designed car. It just
takes some TLC to keep going.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Ramon