DeLorean- Kruse auction

While in Florida, I went to the Kruse auction Jan 2, 3, 4 / 04, in Ft Lauderdale. Among the many neat vehicles for sale was a "back to the future" / time machine DeLorean. The car was documented with a binder showing the building of BTTF style car, and stayed very close to photos and promo material offered by the movie studio. I spoke briefly with the owner, whose name slips my mind. He said he had a reserve of $35,000.00 (USA). The car started immediately, ran smooth, looked sharp, and was very clean throughout. It appeared the accessories were held in place with double sided tape or glue. I could see no drill holes or screws on the body. The total vehicle looked really good, if you like that sort of configuration to a unique car in itself. The car apparently had a high bid of $ 30,000.00 and did not sell.
There was a sellers fee of, I think, 5% and a buyers fee of 10%. Many cars did sell.

At $35,000.00 the gross sale would have been $40,250.00 plus tax.

I left before the auction started for that car, as well as, a beautiful '64 Buick convertible (sold for only $14,000.00) and a cherry, old black Cadillac sedan that would have made a dynamite gangster rod, and a magnificently gorgeous red '64 or '65 T-Bird convertible. Had I stayed, I would have put in bids on several cars, been thrown out of my home, screamed at for years, smacked on the head, divorced, tortured, and forced to work for the rest of my days.

Because there was a DeLorean there, I thought the list might be interested.

Marv.
# 17077
marv@xxxx