Re: [DML] Front sway bar orientation

It's mounted with the bend pointing down. If mounted upside down (I did it too a long time ago) you'll realise immediately because it fouls the track rods.

Martin

Stephen Card wrote:

During some brake work I have been doing recently I noticed the front sway bar had a "worn spot" on it where the front tire may have been rubbing against it. I am wondering if the previous owner/mechanic had removed the bar and reinstalled it upside down. Rob Grady found this on Brett Bonte's car at the Mid-Atlantic spring social last year.
Could someone please confirm for me the proper orientation for the bar (angle down then up into the arm or up then down?)Or a picture would be great.
Thanks,
Stephen
Vin 3601