Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean speedometers: A new approach

Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean speedometers: A new approach

. I don't think any cars currently produced use cable driven speedometers
any more. The problem with adapting electronic speedos to the DeLorean is
that the digital odometer does it's calculations from a different, tamper
proof, source than the speedometer itself. You can remove the proper fuse in
a newer car and the speedometer will quit working but the odometer keeps
ticking. I'd guess it's interfaced with the cars computer and works via
engine RPM's.

Bruce Benson