Grady "Resold" parts. (WAS: RACK UPDATE)

Grady "Resold" parts. (WAS: RACK UPDATE)

It is no secret that many of the parts Grady sells are sourced from
DMCH. So, one would ask "Why buy it from Grady if I can get it from
DMCH directly?".

Speaking for MYSELF ONLY, I have seen the quality of parts Rob has
received from DMCH myself just my luck of timing (I was at the shop
when a box was opened) and was quite amazed at the poor quality
of "NOS" parts that were received. I thought for sure, these parts
were shipped by DMCH in error. Rob was very quiet about the
situation, but did not seem surprised at all... However, He was
reluctant to talk about it, for reasons I can only assume have to do
with not wanting to "bad mouth" the competition.

I continue to purchase all of my parts though Rob, even if I know he
is sourcing them from DMCH. Frankly, I don't care where he gets them
because I know when it arrives at my doorstep it will be the correct
part, and meet the highest quality standards possible. If he gets
the part from DMCH and it is poor quality, I know he will "filter" it
out and make sure what I get lives up to his reputation.

Maybe DMCH should consider purchasing their racks from Rob? While
they are at it, they can buy the correct size door pistons from him
too. And for those DMCH customers who want more than 6 increments of
fuel level, Tankzilla will do the trick.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, george caprita <dobedoc2000@xxxx>
wrote:
> Group: There seems to be a lot of confusion about my rack post. Not
enough detail, will try to clear it up. On 7/17/03, I ordered a
rebuilt rack from
> DMC Humble, Texas. Before installing, I moved it lock to lock. It
was hard to

<SNIP>

> he asked why I didn't get it from him? I said because it was $45.00
> cheaper. I assumed he got his from them and resold them. I got an
> education for that remark!!! Got parts, put in rack, installed on
car;
<SNIP>