Re: john hervey and specialty auto

drhdmc12 wrote:

I was having some tranny trouble (automatic) and knew based on the DML it was the computer govenor, so I decided to personally haul it to Houston to get a new one. I hauled it down from Denver, CO on a Friday and met Bill from DMC on Saturday around noon. James just happened to be in the office that day as well and they both gave my car the once over.

I flew to Houston 3 weeks later to pick it up. DMCH did a great job and my car looked great too, Thanks DMCH! (PS I love my NOS luggage rack!)

On the way home I stopped in Forney, TX to meet with John Hervey. He helped me with his Fan Fix because the previous owner (my dad) had taken out the blue fan fail socket. John also helped me with several other things at no cost... He is truly a good guy and I can recommend his Fan Fix, it works great, although my fans were never really needed for this trip due to the rain from Houston into NM. The engine temperature hung just below the 1st mark on the temperature gauge for 900 miles!

To make a long story short the car ran flawlessly and what a comfortable ride!!

I recently also had problems with my baby. The miserable fuel pump decided to injest a small piece of hose clampand froze up. John was a great help and worked with me up to the end.
My calls to DMCH were also returned and Bill in the shop could not have been more helpfull.
Us who are lucky enough to live in Texas love both these guys and are both great vendors
Marcel in El Paso