Re: seat cover ripple effect and installation

Re: seat cover ripple effect and installation

These *will* have the "ripple effect"down the centers like the originals. I know what you mean about the replacements NOT having this effect. The set I bought in 1996 for my car was lacking this, and I was kind of disappointed (they came from Swedish Autoservice, RIP).

I am cautiously optimistic that we will be able to use the repro vinyl (with another emboss job on top of the grain) to re-create the vinyl used on the sides of the consoles and kneepads. Then we will have "console re-cover" kits, too. THAT will be cool, too.

As far as installing the seat covers, I recommend that they be taken to a local upholstery shop and installed by a professional. It's true that it can be done yourself with the right tools, but if you take the seats out of the car yourself (4 nuts, very easy) and take them into the shop, you should be able to get it done for less than $100.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)

Louie wrote:

Not to badger you to death with questions James, but I'm assuming these
repros will have the proper rippled look to them? I've seen some of the
replacement seatcovers some people put in their cars, and they lack this
detail. I'm interested in buying new seatcovers just so I can get this
look back into my car. As everyone knows our seats shrink and dry out
with age, and lose their original ripple effect.