Re: [DML] Bumps = Interior Lights Come On

Re: [DML] Bumps = Interior Lights Come On

Hi, welcome to the world of DeLoreans.

My car suffered from the same type of a problem and the door ajar light would come on as well. It turned out to be my door "plunger" switches were not being pushed in enough when my driver door was shut, and the slightest bounce would turn the light on (this also caused the door lights to stay on when the door was shut, which quickly killed my battery). Vacu-Tite vaccum seal caps (7/32") from AutoZone fixed the problem perfectly when put on the end of the switches. The interior lights should not be coming on with this problem unless they are in the position that makes them come on when the door is open.
The doors can be adjusted so that they shut much better. The pins that the latch mechanism grabs hold of (technical term anyone?) can be loosened with the correct ratchet and moved around. This is a time consuming process and takes much trial and error (at least it did for me), but eventually you should be able to shut the door efforlessly once it is hitting those pins in the correct spot. Always move them a little at a time when experimenting because sometimes the door may become jammed shut. I was told NEVER to try to mess with the hinges, always try to adjust the pins first.

Hope this helps a little,
Patrick
1880