Re: [DML] Speedometer problems

Kramer,

Here's what I've done in the past to test. Loosen the lugs on the front
left wheel and raise the front of the car. Remove the wheel and check the
plastic cup in the center of the hub carrier which turns the angle drive.
It might have cracked from the temperature change. Remove the cap and try
turning the angle drive by hand. Does the speedo move? If so, it's the
cap. If not, disconnect the lower speedo cable from the lambda counter in
the driver's footwell (cable that goes from angle drive to the interior of
the car). When you turn the angle drive, does the lower speedo cable turn?
If not, disconnect the other end of the lower speedo cable (at the angle
drive). If the cable appears to be broken (turning one end doesn't turn
the other), you've got a bad cable. If the cable is fine, it's the angle
drive.

-Christian