Free Advice--It isn't Free to Anybody!

There were a lot of posts about Rob Grady. About how long it takes to
get major work done by him and his enormous backlog. I was thinking
about it and I might have an answer. When you call his "free" tollfree
number (the one where HE pays for the call!) you get his FREE (to you)
advice and years of technical experience. He doesn't try to end the
call early and is ALWAYS available to ANYONE whether you own a
Delorean or not. He will spend an hour with you. His shop is a small
operation and he is a hands-on guy doing much of the actual work on
the cars himself (WHEN HE IS NOT ON THE PHONE GIVING AWAY FREE
INFORMATION!) The time on the phone is time taken away from the work
he does on the cars maybe even your car if it is in the shop! I am
sure he does not realize the enormous amout of time he spends on the
phone. When I am in his shop he is regularly interupted by the many
calls a day he gets. I am also guessing but this is his idea of
customer service unfortunatly he is usually the only person capable of
doing this in addition to all the other things a business owner must
handle (like ordering parts from venders, developing new parts like
the Zillas, keeping a huge inventory from running out of stock, etc.)
If he hired a person that was actually able to do the techincal stuff
on the phone then he would really see the cost of this (free) service!
Keep this in mind the next time you use that FREE # and take up his
valuable time. Now I am not saying not to call him but have some
consideration for this (free) service.

Just my 2 cents
BTW this advice goes for ALL the Delorean venders who are glad to help
us keep our cars going. If we abuse this service then you might see
them try to charge for it (like software companies) or they may
restrict it or even stop.

David Teitelbaum