Re: Rack & Pinion determination-Grady Reply

Re: Rack & Pinion determination-Grady Reply

Hi Rob (and others). I saw mention of my name in your post and
tought it appropriate to post a note.

I indeed replaced my steering rack with a rebuilt unit from another
vendor about a year ago. A writeup of my experience can be found in
the DMCNews article archive at
www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/steeringrack.html. I don't believe I
have used a rebuilt rack from PJ Grady before and therefore do not
have a basis for direct comparison. However, for those parts I have
purchased from Rob, I have invariably been satisfied with the
quality of the parts as well as the helpful service.

My lack of comment on some of the posts on the DML should not be
interpreted as my agreement/concurrence with the message. Although I
consider myself an enthusiast/hobbyist, I recognize that I am not an
expert and therefore largely comment only in those cases where I
have specific first-hand information to share that might be helpful
to others on the list. In many other cases some of the material
posted on this list is so obviously hosed that I feel no comment is
necessary, and reasonably intelligent readers will be able to apply
sound judgement in the material they read.

As owners we are foruntate that we enjoy quality parts and service
from several vendors. I'm not sure specifically what you might be
referring to in your post, but I consider my experience with the
various vendors, including PJ Grady, to have been good and I value
the service they provide.

Knut

<snip>