Re: Performance Chips

I recently had an upgraded chip put in my '98 VW Jetta. They're best
if used in conjunction with other performance mods. For example, I got
an Autotech Tuning chip, a Techtonics cat-back exhaust, and a K&N
performance air filter. The whole upgrade boosted my car's (2.0 liter
engine) horsepower from 115 to about 135 with comparable increase in
torque. It drives like a new car, even though there are over 100k
miles on the odometer. The whole thing cost about $600, chip was about
$100. They have to get the right chip for your engine. It's tuned to
handle engine management tasks better than the stock computer chip.
I haven't heard anything about chips for Deloreans though.

Word, Paul D.