Re: car smells like antifreeze

Scott - I used to have that problem with Winged1. Then, one cold
winter morning I glanced under the car and noticed steam coming from
every joint between the rubber hoses and the hard aluminum pipes. I
never had any fluid leaks that showed up on the garage floor. I
replaced all the hose sections with Gates Green Stripe, using very
good stainless steel clamps. That pretty much cleared up the odor.
Don't forget all of the hidden hoses and joints under the intake
manifold. They are a favorite source of coolant leakage, and you
rarely see any drips because it gets hot enough to evaporate any
fluids. The bummer is that you must remove the intake to check them
out. Several experts on the List recommend that you perform a
pressure test on the entire system to make sure that it holds 15 psi
for 20 - 30 minutes. This test might pinpoint the areas where you
are experiencing a pressure leak, which will result in the smell you
are describing.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 Winged1
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com