Re: car smells like antifreeze

If you smell anti-freeze and the level goes down so that you have to
add some once in a while then it is leaking. If you don't see it then
chances are it is leaking on top of the motor. Either the hoses, the
seals, or both. The cure is the Master Water Pump Kit. It has all the
hoses, seals, bolts, "O" rings, water pump, belts, etc. This is a big
job for someone who is not experienced in this type of repair. Very
often you will break at least 1 bolt so you have to be able to drill
it out which is not easy (steel bolt in soft alumium at a weird angle).
While doing this it is recomended to also do a tune-up and have the
fuel injectors cleaned and adjust the valves. If you are not
comfortable doing this kind of work yourself find a group of local
owners that can help or a Volvo dealer or a Delorean vender. This does
not get better by itself and will only get worse. If too much coolant
gets out and air gets in the cooling system won't work and the car
will overheat. Overheating the motor is EXPENSIVE.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757