Re: Clutch Fluid

Joe - There are many opinions about the "proper" fluids to use in
the clutch and brake systems. The manuals call for Castrol GTLMA
(Low Moisture Absorbtion). That said, I have used Valvoline
Synpower synthetic DOT 4 fluid in both systems on Winged1 for
several years now with absolutely no issues. I find that this fluid
stays very clean and performs well. You mentioned that you were
using a fuel-rated hose between the reservoir and the clutch M/C.
There are differences in the ability of various rubber materials to
withstand hydraulic fluid. I used a fuel hose briefly several years
ago in that location, and the fluid was actually forming "beads of
sweat" as it soaked its way through the hose. You need to get a
hose material that is specifically for hydraulic fluid. Although
the proper maintenance for these systems calls for flushing the
fluid yearly, or at most every two years, we have seen many cars
that have never had a good flushing that are still serviceable.
Sometimes pure dumb luck enters into the equation.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 Winged1
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

[Duplicate quote snipped by moderator]