Re: PRV oil distribution problems

***** Moderator's Note *****
Check with your local pollution control before discarding ANY
automotive related fluids. DO NOT follow the advice in this
post unless you are CERTAIN it is legal to dispose of antifreeze
in this manner in your specific location.

Mike G. Moderator of the Week
*****

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>
wrote:
> I didn't say to flush the coolant but it is a good idea to do that
<SNIP> It is cheaper to just remove the old stuff (dispose of
properly, not
> down the sink!)
<SNIP>

As long as you're connected to a sanitary sewer system, and NOT a
septic tank, you can safely dispose of old coolant into the sewer
(unless local regulations *specificly prohibit* this). Prestone even
reccomends this, and has it printed on the back of their bottles.
Take note that antifreeze is the ONLY automotive fluid that you can
dispose of in the sewer. Everything else must be apporpriately
recycled.

For safety & health purposes though, I'd reccomend pouring into the
toilet, rather than the sink. And if you have pets, keep the lids
down to make sure they don't drink from the water after you've
poured/flushed everything away.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"