3299 is going to Grady's

You read right.
Given the fact that I am now in my fourth garage - and that I have driven my car 6 miles since Nov 11th and I have already put almost $5000 in parts and labor into this car, I am going to send it to Rob and get the rest done right.

I am very happy about the work that has been done as is, but I can only wonder how much more trouble is lurking under that SS body. I am going to set a limit as to how much in dollars I want done (probably around $7000 or so), and I'm going to ask him to fix everything that could be/is fatal to that car. I'm talking that I'm ready to replace the entire fuel system, cooling system - whatever it takes to get this car to be a safe and dependable WEEKEND car. I figure the shipping cost will be far outweighed by the costs I could entail to have local mechanics try to fix and order parts that may not be necessary.

Does anyone have any experience as far as a job of this magnitude with Grady? What is the kind of turnaround time needed for a job of this magnitude? I have no problem with waiting until next May or even longer - his work sounds like it's far worth the waiting time. I have seen before and after pictures of cars he has worked on, and to say the least, I have been in complete awe just looking at the quality of his work. Does anyone have any advice/thoughts/stories/proof as to how long it takes to get a car back from him? With the kind of work I'm looking at having done to this car, I really wouldn't be surprised if I didn't see my car for months ;).

One other thing...I am going to be speaking with CarFax soon. Given the fact that the spedometer was shot when I got this car, my report reads the same number of miles in 1995 as I see on the odometer today. I know given that since it's a DeLorean, CarFax will probably try to read through the lines. Bottom line is - I have mileage fraud. I have receipts almost in excess of $5000+. There needs to be some form of compensation. Anyone think I may have a case there?