Re: 3299 is going to Grady's

You are correct in thinking that the cost of shipping will be offset
by the quality and speed of the work you will get in Rob's shop. The
only problem is his backlog. It could take a while before he can even
get to it. A better plan would be to do as much as you can while
making an appointment and then shipping the car to him, this way at
least the car is sitting by you. Another alternative could be to speak
to Rob and have him help you find a shop in your area that he deals
with. He can ship whatever parts are needed and walk your mechanic
through whatever needs to be done. Some cars sit at Rob's shop for 6
months before he can get to them. If you have a really small job he
does break his schedule and work on it quickly but anything big will
sit in line. On the subject of mileage, the previous owner signed the
title with the mileage. If it is not the # on the odometer you might
have a case of misrepresentation. It would cost a lot to go to court
and the court can make the seller take the car back and compensate you
for your expenses but it can take a long time. Just remember that the
angle drive on the car could have been broken for a long time so the
odometer will be understated. This is really a case of buyer beware,
you bought the car as is, where is. A better way to judge mileage is
by wear on the car, for instance measuring the tread of the tires,
wear on the interior, the pedals, the engine, etc. Problems with the
car (except for wearable items like tires and brakes) are not so much
mileage dependent as they are more caused by the way the car was
stored and maintained. An incompetant mechanic can ruin a low mileage
car. IMHO under the BEST circumstances you will not get any
compensation, you will spend a lot of money in legal fees, and you MAY
get the court to reverse the sale forcing the buyer to get the car
back. Consider this an expensive lesson in used cars. Having someone
come and look the car over BEFORE you bought it would have prepared
you better for the expenses in store for you. You could have done that
and then decided not to buy this particular car. That is how the court
will look at this. They will not automatically think the seller
intended to defraud you since you had an oppertunity to inspect the
car and walk away. Do not expect the court to provide justice. You
need to protect yourself in the first place.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes@xxxx>
wrote:
> You read right.
> Given the fact that I am now in my fourth garage - and that I have
driven my car 6 miles since Nov 11th and I have already put almost
$5000 in parts and labor into this car, I am going to send it to Rob
and get the rest done right.