Re: [DML] Re: TOBY-TAB update

I know the novelty of cornering is a bit alien to you guys in the US (sorry, couldn't resist), but a loose TAB, even half a turn, affects the handling massively. Bottom line: The rear end of the DeLorean should be tight and positive, if it isn't and the back end gives that feeling of following the front in a kind of lazy shifting, you're bolts need tightening - and nothing will cause a bolt to bend or break faster than being loose to start with.

I am in Toby's camp here. We're all attempting to cure the symptoms as curing the disease means redesigning the rear suspension (I know about Pearce-design's solution, but not many of us want to go that far) - but the Inconel bolts are a far better solution than putting something there to catch it if/when it breaks. My everyday car has something like this - it's a bracket that sits under the exhaust downpipe as this exhaust always fails in the same place. Instead of making a better exhaust, they put a bracket to catch the downpipe when it falls off. But an exhaust won't cause an accident.

Martin

I will have to check with Dave as to how old my bolts are (possibly NOS) but I know that the brackets have been on this car since the late 80s. This year (my 1st yr of ownership) I have put on over 17k (rather aggressive) miles and no problems/bendings of the bolts.