Door pull straps

I noticed something interesting about my car and thought I would get some feedback on it.

My car is vin 5096. The door pullstraps moved from the handle to attached to the arm rest around vin 5993 (from what I understand of course, correct me if i'm wrong). Now the fun, my passenger side was in a fender bender years ago, before I got the car, and the damage was repaired then (still have broken glass falling out of the door though). I have both armrests off on both sides (doign a major cleaning). The driver side has the hole with plastic piece in the armrest for a pullstrap but no actual strap. The passenger side looks like it was recovered at some point and the hole, visible from the back, is covered up. So, what are the chances my car had pullstraps although the vin is too low? I'm starting to think mine may have sat around at a QA center or pulled from the production line for a period of time.

Samuel