Re: [DML] Door pull straps

Hi Samuel!

Pretty cool to find another VIN close by. I'm 5102.

Our cars were built during one of the two busiest months of production on the DeLorean. October of 1981. It is very likely that your car had the armrests replaced somewhere along the line. Whether it was at a QA center, or by a previous owner later on is almost impossible to determine. I can tell you that my car does not have an allotment for the built in strap, and ours were most likely built on the same day, or at least within a couple days of each other. My car was shipped from the west coast to it's first owner in Texas, who I contacted a couple of years ago. If you've got records that go back far enough, you may be able to talk to previous owners, and find out who did what and when.

Interesting discovery though,
Josh
VIN 5102
VIN 15964
VIN NUTSANDBOLTS

Samuel wrote:

I noticed something interesting about my car and thought I would get some feedback on it. My car is vin 5096. The door pullstraps moved from the handle to attached to the arm rest around vin 5993