Re: Grammar and details (was: Door ajar indicator)

Re: Grammar and details (was: Door ajar indicator)

You bring up a very good point. Since most of us are in the US we tend
to forget that the audience is worldwide and international. Most of
our ramblings might not make sense to someone not familiar with all of
the terms and abreviations, and slang. The written word does not
convey enough information all the time to include the nuances most of
us take for granted especially when a non-native Engish speaker tries
to read it. This is compounded by a lack of knowledge of all the
proper terms by non-mechanics. I guess you just have to say we are all
doing the best we can and everyone should try to remember there are
people out there trying to understand this but it isn't in their
native language. Typos and mispelling only add to the confusion. Once
you hit "SEND" it is too late to fix it!
The Americans and British are two peoples separated by a common
language! If we can't understand each other it must be really hard for
everyone else! Of course if anyone doesn't understand a post they can
always ask for a clarifacation. Misinformation or incorrect
information is usually pointed out pretty quickly.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757