Re: Grammar and details (was: Door ajar indicator)

Re: Grammar and details (was: Door ajar indicator)

Jan makes an important point and I would like to elaborate a little on
Jan's point about written English grammar and lack of details in posts.
I will be the first to admit that I am not the best speller in the world,
however I do try to clarify my ideas and thoughts when I post them.

I regularly correspond via email with many DML members who do not
speak or write English as their first language and they appreciate the
extra effort I make to clarify topics and minimizing slang or blurbs, but
when I do use slang terms, I set off the terms with quotation marks.

I am not trying to slam anyone on their writing style, but it does get
confusing when people leave out words (for some reason), whether
it is to limit their typing or maybe this is just the way they would tell
someone their idea if they were speaking to them (not writing to them).
This is not Western Union where you drop words so it costs less to
send the message, so please put necessary pronouns in the posts.

As for details, it really helps to think before you post and include as
many details as possible. If you post a problem in which you may
need hands on assistance, please list where you are located, since
many may be able to help, but if you are in the US on the east coast
and need help this weekend, it is best to at least let the DML know
you are located near Pigeon Forge, TN (example) so potential helpers
know in advance whether or not to post an offer to assist you. I have
even seen this detail info left out of a lot of Delorean For Sale ads,
which I would consider very important when considering a purchase.
(remember to post your Delorean For Sale ads on DMCNews website)

The DML is still by far the best Internet resource for both the Delorean
owner and enthusiast to get accurate and helpful Delorean information.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Later,
Rich W.