Re: Door ajar indicator through rear vs front lever light

--- In dmcnews, Bill wrote:

> If Patrick flipping front light I am correct (that's third
> diode right above delay module in wiring diagram).

No you are NOT; This time with a green line...
<http://members.home.nl/delorean/doorajar_front.gif>

The purpose of the diode you mention is to keep the
door-lights separate from the interior lights,
so the delay only delays the interiors.
The diode is conected to BOTH lights, there's wiring
running "down" to the rear light past the delay,
the "loop" to its' left in the diagram.

> Re: electricity as diode -- if purple line into door lights was live
> your red line diagram would never find a ground after them.

Yes, correct, but this all started because of a missing #12 fuse,
so your argumentation holds no gound here... It was me who said
to put the #12 fuse back in to solve Patricks "problem".

He says he fixed it by banging the binnacle,
I wouldn't be surprised if the problem re-occurs soon.

> Re: "would be physically impossible to ground indicator through their
> individual grounds WHEN FLIPPED IN THE OTHER DIRECTION" --
> you conveniently removed end of that sentence before replying...
> Takes totally out of context!

Yes, I DID snip that out, just for the simple reason that
I could not undertand what you were talking about.

Please everyone, remember that there are many people on this list
that do NOT have English as their first language and reading
"blurbs" can make it VERY hard to understand what is being written...
My first language is Dutch, not English, but I dare say that my
English is above avarage for a Dutchman. Yet regularly have trouble
understanding what's written, especially when the propper grammar
isn't used. As Grammar in Dutch and several other languages work
totally different it can be VERY hard to understand English that's
not using the gramar you're used to see in this language...

I now understand what Bill meant and agree that with the lights
in "door-mode" this situation cannot occur through the interior
lights, however everything stays within context, because this
discussion started when someone asked why the indicator came on
when he FLIPPED the light it didn't say which direction at all...

I'm sure this thread will be closed after this post,
now at least the correct info is out there...

I rest my case, everyone have a nice weekend!

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000