New Window Regulators are AWESOME!

I just finished up installing my driver-side window regulator from
PJ Grady and what a difference! I'd say it's about 2x as fast as
the OEM unit , and it's a bit more quiet. The quality is definitely
better overall.

Yes, the install was not easy, but with patience (and a great love
for your car) it can be done, and the brackets DO line up correctly
if you install it the way I have it. I tried to take a picture of
my configuration but my camera died, so I'll have to wait until I do
the passenger side with fresh batteries. Maybe I'll write a
tutorial or something. In the meantime, I'll offer these tips:

These are the steps that I took to install the motor:

1. Remove old motor, however necessary. My plastic elbow was
broken already so that made things easier :) This will involve
removing the OEM motor bracket, motor, and unbolting the tube from
the small window frame.

2. Now that the motor is out, lubricate the track while you're in
here and slide the window up and down a few times.

3. For the new motor, separate the bracket from the motor and glue
the black plastic spacers to the motor assembly with some contact
cement, superglue, etc. Something that has a strong bond.

4. Take the new motor bracket and tube and install in the window.
The first step I did was to attach the tube to the small window.

5. Then I attached the bracket to the rear door handle hole.

6. Now this is the part that confuses everyone. You need to attach
the dogleg brackets. Remove the center bolt holding the dogleg
brackets in and attach one of the brackets on TOP of the upper
mounting hole with your previously used screw. For the other dogleg
bracket, you can attach it to either of the lower mounting holes. I
believe it's easiest to choose the one closer to the FRONT of the
car. The trick is to mount this bracket BEHIND the mounting hole,
unlike the way we attached the first bracket on TOP. This
configuration should allow you to easily screw the 2 dogleg brackets
together in the middle with the bolt we removed from the center of
the motor assembly. Don't tighten anything too much yet. I'll be
following up with some pictures of this step.

7. Now go get your motor and slip it in behind the bracket you just
installed. This is where you'll need some dexterity to get the
bracket bolts into the proper holes in the motor assembly. While
you're doing this, be careful not to tighten the bolts too much with
a wrench because it seems the threads strip easily on the bolts.

8. Now that you've got the motor attached, go ahead and tighten up
those bracket bolts. Plug in the electrical connectors and off you
go!!!

I installed my window regulator in this exact configuration and it
works flawlessly. It moves up and down smoothly, quietly, and with
constant speed. Good luck!

Matt