Re: Door Open Indicator w/ Lever Light -- Bad Diode

Welcome to wonderful world of DeLorean switched grounds...

Door open indicator live all the time (fuse #5, which is why pulling
#12 doesn't affect). Is a diode to prevent it from grounding itself
backwards through flipped lever light. Yours has probably gone bad.

Diodes located in driver footwell, part way down front wye (look like
M80's). Are three of them. You want one with 2 purple/white inputs and
1 purple/white output. Can simply unplug to test if allowing indicator
to ground.

If fuse #12 is pulled why are you flipping lever light? Shouldn't work
at all. If it does, guarantee diode bad (is getting juice from same
line as indicator) -- assuming wiring still stock.

Bill Robertson