RE: steering column bushing replacement

"to fix, you need to remove the binnacle, the knee pads, and the complete steering column by
seperating the U-joints at the intermediate shaft" - Andy, you must have too much time on your hands. There is no reason in the world to remove the binnacle to replace the bushing; you don't even need to remove the knee pads unless you really want something extra to do. Just mark the shaft where it meets the upper u-joint, unbolt the u-joint, unplug the wires, and remove the two column support bolts. Taking the seat out might help you get under the dash, but no need to remove the binnacle. I've done lots of them that way, the only tricky part is sometimes getting the u-joint off the shaft, or keeping the shaft from collapsing when you re-install it.

Also, some of the replacement bushings fit better than others. I once had a customer return one of "mine" because it wouldn't fit - turned out it was not one he had gotten from me. The ones I provide fit.

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
McCleary, WA
www.delorean-parts.com