Re: [DML] Antenna production question & D destruction

Re: [DML] Antenna production question & D destruction

Just to add another data point, my VIN 1619 (June 1981) had both the windshield and rear retractable antennas.. although I'm pretty sure the retractable was added later as part of the "dealer upgrades."

And a message to VideoBob - just buy the best car cover you can for your climate. I've stored my D outside in the harsh New England winters with nothing but a custom car cover from California Car Covers (I think I have the "Noah"), and the car (interior and exterior) has shown zero degradation (or "destruction") over the last four years. When I do have to park it in the sun on short trips, I do have one of those silver windshield/dash protectors to keep the sun off the dash. I wouldn't worry about applying any chemicals to the dash - just protect it from the sun as much as possible.

-Hank