      1. RE: Delorean Destruction
           From: "K. Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Manifold Screws on Various PRV's
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Delorean Destruction
           From: "Mr. Woop Ass" <sephiroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Re: Manifold Screws on Various PRV's
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Car Covers
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:28:01 -0600
   From: "K. Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Delorean Destruction

>I know it is doomed.
Mine is garaged evenings, but spends five days a week in the parking lot
at
work (Houston). I sometimes use the car cover. I wash semi-regularly, and
put Black Magic Tire Wet on the fascias, louvres, and side stripes. Makes
it
look slick and protects it good. Oh, yeah, on the tires too.
The dash and seats I was using this brown bottle of leather conditioner
that
was respectible name brand... but I've forgotten what it was. Three years
and no cracking of the dash; the bottle just ran out. My driver's seat has
little cracking started on it when I got it; not bad, though. I've kept it
in  check with the above-mentioned bottle and saddle soap (the paste
kind)--
Kiwi brand from a shoe store.
I do use a reflective winshield sun block and I have my side windows
tinted
the maximum legal tint.

>(1)
>The passenger window does not close all the way, it goes up to about
>1/4" of an inch and stops. Any suggestions anyone?
Part of the track may have fallen off. On my car the front track fell off
and I reset it with much sweating and swearing. It fell off again later
that
week so I fixed it good. I wrote a how-to using Jordan's pages as a
template
and posted it a while back. I don't know if Jordan or anyone copied it up
their sites yet, but it's been two months and I'm happy.

I see the rest of your questions have been answered satisfactorily.

Message: 2
   Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:42:45 -0000
   From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Manifold Screws on Various PRV's

Yes, but DeLo is closer to B28F. Every stock engine I've seen has
funny shaped shear-head balancing screws (always wondered why they
looked that way. Now I know).

Only mentioned in case someone w/ sheared screws thought their's
hopelessly stuck in manifold. Would probably back right out with a
screw extractor.

My R30 has three normal screws BTW, as does the B-whatever still in
back of my truck.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> B28E has solid screws that can't shear, and also used CIS however.
>
> content22207 wrote:
>
> >B28F used "shear-head" balancing screws. Are designed to snap off
> >easily when snugged down.

Message: 3
   Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:59:08 -0500
   From: "Mr. Woop Ass" <sephiroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Meguiars Leather Care. Little brown/maroonish bottle. It is in your car
accessories aisle on the left side before going to the next island in
Wal*Mart Tire And Lube Express.

I just happen to work there. ;P

Rex
Rockin the sunstars!
> Mine is garaged evenings, but spends five days a week in the parking lot
at
> work (Houston). I sometimes use the car cover. I wash semi-regularly,
and
> put Black Magic Tire Wet on the fascias, louvres, and side stripes.
Makes
it
> look slick and protects it good. Oh, yeah, on the tires too.
> The dash and seats I was using this brown bottle of leather conditioner
that
> was respectible name brand... but I've forgotten what it was. Three
years
> and no cracking of the dash; the bottle just ran out. My driver's seat
has
> little cracking started on it when I got it; not bad, though. I've kept
it
> in  check with the above-mentioned bottle and saddle soap (the paste
kind)--
> Kiwi brand from a shoe store.
> I do use a reflective winshield sun block and I have my side windows
tinted
> the maximum legal tint.
>
> >(1)
> >The passenger window does not close all the way, it goes up to about
> >1/4" of an inch and stops. Any suggestions anyone?
> Part of the track may have fallen off. On my car the front track fell
off
> and I reset it with much sweating and swearing. It fell off again later
that
> week so I fixed it good. I wrote a how-to using Jordan's pages as a
template
> and posted it a while back. I don't know if Jordan or anyone copied it
up
> their sites yet, but it's been two months and I'm happy.
>
> I see the rest of your questions have been answered satisfactorily.

> moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

www.dmcnews.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Message: 4
   Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:08:11 +0000
   From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: Manifold Screws on Various PRV's

The one experience I've had with trying this resulted in lots of swarf
but it was stuck fast. It takes a fair bit of torque to snap them off,
and a screw extractor doesn't work well in brass

Martin

content22207 wrote:

>Only mentioned in case someone w/ sheared screws thought their's
>hopelessly stuck in manifold. Would probably back right out with a
>screw extractor.

Message: 5
   Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:06:23 EST
   From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Car Covers

In a message dated 11/19/03 2:19:42 PM Central Standard Time,
brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Re: current car cover discussions:
>
> CoverCraft makes DeLo covers that fit like a glove. Even have mirror
> pockets. Four fabric choices. Three color choices.
>
> Best part: Dave Stragand has recently become CoverCraft distributor.
> Can buy from him and support Vixen.
>
> Bill Robertson

WalMart sells car covers by a company called BULGE that comes in 3 or 4
sizes.  on the back it even lists DeLorean as a car to choose the right
size for.
only about $30, fits just fine, but probably not for extended outdoor use.

Andy