Re: Antenna production question

I don't know the VIN that it took effect, but in the service updates
book I have from Delorean-One you will find dealer instructions on how
to take a hole saw and cut a hole in the fender, and route the antenna
wire to the stereo.
It doesn't explain why this is done or on what VIN's.
I suppose that this is to fix poor reception on windsheild mounted
antennas. I never thought that those worked well.
It could be that maybe replacement windshields with built in antennas
may not have been available and they had to add the antenna.
But they were NOT installed at the factory, they were added by the
dealers as per this paper I am looking at.

I have seen these fender antennas, and they look horrible.
The best antenna I have see was tilted back and mounted on the of the
louver. It looked clean.

- Videobob
VIN# 5278