Antenna production question

Ok, I know that the early cars had the not so great windshield antennas; the mid-'81 cars had fender antennas; and all the cars from late '81 on had the retractable antennas that popped out of the rear quarter panel vents. But what's the VIN cut off for each? I can't say I've ever seen a D with a fender antenna... and I know I've seen at least 100+ DeLoreans by now. Are they the rarest?

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 (with the retractable antenna...)
Charlotte, NC

(1 month and 1,000 trouble free miles and counting!)

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com