Re: [DML] Re: California Car Covers

Very doubtful. You'd have to cut an awful lot of stuctural fibreglass out underneath the fender - as it is, the manual antenna requires a 1.5" (ish) hole drilled to a depth of approx 18".

1458 Windscreen antenna only
2727 fender & w/s antenna
4426 (sept 81) electric antenna
6986 fender antenna
12171 (right-hand prototype) fender antenna, now filled but no space where the electric one would go because of additional brake servo - FWIW
Some right handers also have "bee-sting" antennas on the front of the T-panel, all factory original.

I have not taken the fender off my project car, 4426, but it may well have had a new fender. The PO was fanatical about it. If it has, it'll have a mahoosive hole underneath!

Martin

David Teitelbaum wrote:

I think you meant the RIGHT front fender. I am wondering out loud here
but it should be possible to put a power retractable antennae into the
front right fender, that would solve the cover problem and use the
hole in the fender to it's best. They make some very compact power
antennae units now that weren't available back in the 80's. BTW even
with a hole in the cover for the antennae it is awkward to put a cover
on and take off with the antennae, it is probably best to not make the
hole and just remove the antennae as you already do.
David Teitelbaum