Re: [DML] BAE single turbo exhaust questions

Re: [DML] BAE single turbo exhaust questions

The BAE kits used a single exhaust with a generic muffler. The kits included
a dummy pipe to weld in place of the normal driver's side exhaust pipe.
Because of the location of the turbocharger a real dual exhaust would be
difficult. I made a single turbo set up for my car years back and it took
some crazy pipe bends to gain working dual exhaust pipes. There was no
performance gain from that as it was strictly an esthetic thing.The easiest
way to upgrade your car would be to measure the offset of the inlet and
outlet pipes on your muffler and find a replacement from someplace like
Summit Racing. They offer stainless mufflers in a variety of pipe sizes and
offset configurations. One I'd suggest is the Edelbrock muffler. They
outflow Flowmasters and sound pretty good. Remember, the PRV engine is a odd
firing V-6 engine and the exhaust note will never match the mellow sound of
an even firing V-8.

Bruce Benson